Be Safe this Halloween!
Halloween is a fun and spooky, time of year for kids of all ages. Make trick or treating safe for the little ones with a few easy safety tips:
- If your child is wearing a mask, make sure the eye holes are large enough so he or she can see out.
- When choosing a costume, stay away from long trailing fabric that could result in your child tripping.
- Keep dried flowers and cornstalks away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters.
- Use a battery operated candle or glow stick in jack-o-lanterns.
- If you choose to use candles inside your jack-o-lanterns, keep them well away from anything that can burn and far enough out of the way of trick-or-treaters, doorsteps, walkways etc.
- Make sure all smoke alarms in the home are working.
According to NFPA, decorations are the first thing to ignite in 900 reported home fires each year. Two of every five of these fires were started by a candle.
Be Safe and Have Fun this Halloween!