What can YOU do till Help Arrives
The first 48 hours after a fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. SERVPRO of Southeast Milwaukee County can help prevent fire damage from creating long term problems.
It's hard to wait for help, but what you do and don't do while waiting for help to arrive can make a big difference:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Do not wash any walls or painted surfaced.
- Do not shampoo carpet or upholstery
- Do not clean any electrical equipment.
- Do not send clothing to a dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
When we arrive, we will help ensure your property, belongings and memories are restored to preloss condition whenever possible.